Seervision is a spin-off from ETH Zürich, building a complete technology stack that simplifies and scales live video production workflows through automation and AI. Our solution extracts scene information from audio and video sources to understand what is happening in the space. We then interface with cameras, switchers and control systems, like AMX or Crestron, to autonomously orchestrate the video production and move cameras, adapting focus, zoom and framing to produce the ideal shot. Our technology is revolutionizing video production for corporate, educational and stage events, helping clients to automate and deliver consistently high-quality results at significantly lower costs.
We are looking for a proactive Multimedia Engineer with a good mix of experience in the audiovisual (AV) space and an affinity towards technology to help us bring our transformative AI-powered products to the customer and help them get the most value. In this role, you will work with our engineering and business teams to conceptualize, configure and demo solutions for addressing new use cases with our product, have close contact with customers and partners, troubleshoot during internal and external demos and contribute to testing and prototyping activities for new features. This role allows you to have direct and tangible impact on the future development of our solution, product and business.
What you'll do
- Planning, designing and engineering of AV solutions (including setting up our system) for marketing, demos and customers
- Testing, preparation and troubleshooting of demos and pilots
- Project discussions with potential customers, clarifying their needs and installations
- Test and drive internal feature and solution prototypes
- Trying out new AV hard- and software, prototyping and evaluating feasibility
- You are hands-on, proactive and always eager to jump in and help
- You have a strong desire to learn and try new things. You are looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself, grow and have an impact
- You have a soft spot for software-based, networked AV systems, and you like to connect elements together to leverage their value. Networks, local clusters and cloud, that's your world
- Building control systems sounds boring, but you understand the enormous possibilities they offer
- You’re excited about next-generation microphone arrays like those from Shure or Sennheiser
- You enjoy combining AV hardware and software to help solve customers’ problems. You know how customers think and use your technical knowledge, logic and creativity to find the best solution for the customer.
What you'll need
- Completed apprenticeship as multimedia electronics technician or similar, and/or at least three years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding general cognitive ability and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of common building control systems (Crestron, QSC, AMX, etc).
- Good network and AVoIP (troubleshooting) knowledge
- Familiar with VMix, BMD, NDI, SDI, Companion, live streaming, multi-camera and audio engineering.
- Experience with linux, shell scripting, Docker
- Experience with Node-RED, Bitfocus Companion
- Experience with live streaming, multi-camera and/or audio engineering
- Excellent communication skills and command of spoken and written English
Nice to have
- Regional professional network
- Driving license
- Basic knowledge of computer vision and machine learning
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a considerable impact on our product and organization
- The chance to take on substantial responsibilities from the first day
- A dynamic, flexible, and diverse work environment
- A team-oriented workplace, where people are expected to be proactive, committed and, above all, fair to everyone else
- An ideal office location in Zurich and a flexible work-from-home policy
- Regular, optional get-togethers after work
We're looking forward to receiving your application at the following link: https://apply.workable.com/seervision/j/E515758CE5/apply/