This position is within HARMAN’s Professional Solutions Division. This senior level individual will be the strategic evangelist responsible for selling HARMAN product solutions to targeted customers. The primary mission is to drive business development, growth modelling and maximize demand for the HARMAN professional solutions. This key goal is achieved by establishing, building and strengthening relationships with key decision makers in this market to meet/exceed revenue targets. The position will work within a matrix organization, and will have to work collaboratively within the Harman Professional Solutions Division. The position holder will partner the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Harman. As the lead role in this region, the role is crucial for business growth expansion.
The position will have a number of direct reports, including the responsibilities and authority for making decisions as described below. In time the role will have a team supporting the region’s development according to the business plan presented.
- Responsible for the overall management of all regional strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
- Take ownership of the stakeholder management of the sales support and marketing business partners for the region
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth
- Working to stringent targets, the job holder will be required to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
- Responsible for driving revenue and building relationships with new & existing customers targeted end user accounts
- Nurturing potential customers, make presentations, identify key decisions makers
- Effectively close deals towards an ongoing and sustainable business relationship
- Understand the dimensions of the customer’s environment
- Always have the client’s best interests in mind and bring a commitment to understanding and driving the success of their clients’ key initiatives, organization, company and history
- Accurately forecast revenue from new and existing accounts
- Ensure that the team update the CRM system on weekly basis with opportunities.
- Attend on dealer events where presence of Harman is required.
- Identify competitive products or threats in the market and address this to the European Sales team.
- Forecast on a Monthly and weekly basis, providing written reports accordingly to the European Sales team.
- Support the channel managers in selling products and full solutions for targeted Customer Solutions Unit (CSU) customers both through product expertise and in-person customer support.
- Articulate the value proposition of Professional Solutions products and solutions, while assessing client needs and proposing the correct product / solution type and mix to meet their requirements.
- Assist dealers with project activities which deliver solutions tailored to customers’ business needs and integrate the brand capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition.
- Leverage the internal network to ensure that customers are instructed on proper set up, use, and maintenance of Professional Solutions equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree an advantage
- 6+ years experience in an executive level sales position targeting audio and visual accounts
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior follow-up skills
- Understands the DACH and Eastern European markets
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Customer Focus and Solutions Selling: Providing exceptional service and quality to CSU customers.
- Strong solutions sales representative that understands customers’ needs and is effective at selling solutions that will best meet their needs
- Strong technical focus that can support channel management and business development teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prospect, present to clients, and consistently close large deals
- Ability to understand business requirements and effectively present/articulate advanced AMX video and control solutions and HARMAN audio technology
- Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Ability to interface with technical teams and internal departments to ensure customer success.
- Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
• Willingness to travel 60%+ of the time
• Willingness to work in an office in Europe
• HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in EMEA region for this opening.